Sunday, November 24, 2013

So, welcome to my Blog!  I'm Maxwell von Dawg.....Max, for short and I am 
the Boxer with a Blog!

First, a little about me.....I'm about 6 years old, a male flashy fawn with four white feet and a blaze on my forehead (sorry ladies, I'm not available....well, ok, I'm neutered, but "not available"{ sounds better!) and I live with my Dad, Bob.  We split our time between the California Coast and the Central Valley.  

My Dad found me through Northern California Boxer Rescue.  He tells everyone that he rescued me, but just between us, it is the other way around.  I am here strictly for his care and feeding and he is around strictly to pick up after me.  You know, my toys, my bones, the yard (Hey, I'm a dog and you get the picture!)

When we are at the place on the Coast I take him for walks on the beach so he can find shells, get sand in places it probably shouldn't be then around the neighborhood so I can show him off to all the neighbors.  If he's been really good, I let him brush me and then feed me.  I even let him share the big bed with me!

In the coming days, I want to share with you a little about my life, what I do and how I roll.  It only seems fair, I've held it in long enough!

Oh, my Dad, Bob is turning out to be a pretty decent photographer and he has a good friend Bill who is putting together a website for him.  I saw the draft thing and it looked pretty good, but hey, I'm a dog and I was busy with a bone...what do I know about pictures from a fresh bowl of my favorite kibble?  I'll tell you all about it when it's up and running.  

Ok....I think it's time for me to let my Dad out to do what ever the heck it is he does out in the back yard....maybe I'll join him!

Thanks for visiting and check back, y'all! 

Woofers!
Max




PS:  Oh, here are links to two of my favorite clips from that You Tube thing .... think I should do one too ?









4 comments:

  1. Dear Max,

    My dad wants to have ANOTHER puppy boxer. I am happy being the only dog of the house. Please advise!!!

    -Big Dog of the house

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Big.....

    We have similar discussions here at my house. Dad is forever checking Boxer Rescue sites and showing me the pictures. Then, there is this place he gets my food. He comes home and tells me about all of the little puppies that are there who would like to come home with him.

    My advice to you is to do what I do.....either walk away and ignore him and hope it will pass, or pee on his favorite plant. That seems to make him think about it. I am still the only dog, which is how I like it, so it works for me!

    Oh...the plant thing? Just be sure you have some really good footing before you do it, be sure he's looking and be sure the plant doesn't have any thorns on it! Ouch!

    Good Luck!

    Woofers,
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Max,

    Thank you for your reply. I've tried peeing on the plants to no avail. I seriously wonder if this is just another human "cute little pup-pee" ploy used as a cruel reminder me that I am replaceable!!! Are there any animal activists/advocates out there that can stop or help this horrible abuse and trauma that I am enduring 24/7? Everything time Daddy come home I'm terrified that we will have a new "pup-pee" running into MY house, eating MY food, sleeping in MY bed and getting MY treats!

    Thank you in advance for any help you can give,

    -Big Dog of the house (for today anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dearest Big.....

    Here's something one of my Boxer Buddies did to combat the same issue at his house. I'm not sure how he got the video...I think the Cat must have done it for him....but his people put it up on You Tube and everyone likes it....I want a jumpy thing from that chubby guy in the red suit!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Fc-VcVmGM

    Try this at your house and let me know what happens. See if some dumb little pup-pee can pull this off and be as cute as you!

    Max

    ReplyDelete